Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Days 7 & 8: Peacefulness

So sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. I had a huge amount of homework...for one subject. But I'll get to that later.

This is officially the happiest day of my life. (Day 8) First off, on Day 7, I was really enlightened by a book I had, and I started to apply the principles introduced in the book. Second, I woke up to a cool, crisp morning (in the midst of a hellisly hot week), and third (drumroll please), I got to play...STARCRAFT II! Everything is amazing, and I just love what they've done with it. It is only 26 missions long, and those are only Terran, but I'm hoping for an expansion or five.

First block, I had a test. Over the whole freaking unit. The eigth day into the school year. Yeah...but, I think I aced it. I mean, I did over 3 hours of what's called a "Reading Check," which is comprehensive over just the fifth chapter, and I think I understand it better now. But...it was a little long...14 pages and 63 problems...I think someone just wants to make our lives a bit harder.

Second block:  STARCRAFT II. I seriously played that the whole block. We had a substitute, and she didn't care. We were just watching a movie over what we've just read, anyway. So, I sat down in front of a friend's $2000 Alienware laptop, and commenced to wiping out the Zerg population, one bullet at a time.

Third block:  The teacher talked most of the time...pretty boring, actually. We didn't do anything big, anyway.

Last block:  I finally learned how to use Joomla! I was just sitting there, playing around with it, because it is even harder to use than plain HTML. I mean, HTML isn't hard, but it's time consuming. Bleh. Ooh...an adminstrator on Joomla doesn't even get to view the help pages...you have to be a "Super Adminstrator." And the "leader" of the class doesn't want to give me that power yet. I guess she just doesn't trust me yet. Oh well.

This may go against my "drifting" idea, but there is one girl that might be showing interest. I mean, being a loner, I try to stand by myself, and she immediately walked up to me and started talking. And she is not the type to want to just talk to someone so they don't feel so left out. When I was working on a different computer than usual, she decided to sit right next to me. So...if anyone else sees something I don't, please, let me know.

Oh, yeah, I also need a good name for a timid 16-year-old boy and a good title for a story that invloves the same boy who is chosen to wield the power of an "Ancient", although he was not conceived, but created in a lab. Any suggestions?

And with that, *POOF* I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment