Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 16: Putting My Best Foot Forward

Has anyone ever seen someone who truly tried to just blend into the background, but they end up being the most amazing person around?

I think I have in the last week. The girl I was talking about from so long ago, Lydia, if you remember her. I've just now noticed that she's very quiet all the time (because I almost never noticed her before). She's always listening to Allie talk about her boyfriend (which isn't me, remember), and just acts excited for her, but never says anything about any interests of her own. She always walks through the halls with those who either never talk or just talk to her about their interests. I mean, the only thing I know she's interested in (in the half-year at the same table during lunch) is Harry Potter. I mean, there's really nothing else she lets on.

And, apparently, she either is waiting for one specific guy, or she's just passed over when guys are looking for a girlfriend. So, my two best friends (without me telling them anything) suggests that I ask her to "Mistletoe Ball," our Christmas dance. I'm hoping to be able to put my best foot forward, and either

  1. Catch her eye
  2. Confirm my suspicion, or
  3. Learn that she's truly uninterested in herself (which would only make me more obligated to take her.)
Well, if you go by what I have so far. 

And, by the way, she keeps stealing glances when she thinks I'm not looking. When I eat lunch, she's staring past one of my friends and toward me, and as soon as I look up or toward her, she snaps either down to her food or over to Allie...

And with that, *POOF* I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment